Saturday, February 12, 2011

Archbishop Peter Akinola's Fantasy


I chose this image as the header for my Kerrytoons blog. Archbishop Peter Akinola is a senior prelate within the Anglican Church. I find it absolutely inconceivable that a man in such an exalted position of trust within the worldwide Anglican communion could make such a hate-filled, bigoted remark. Millions of people look-up to Archbishop Akinola and accept blindly what he says as the word of God. It would be simple to dismiss him as an ignorant, mindless bigot, who is more to be pitied than blamed. Alas, however, nothing could be further from the truth. He has enormous influence within his community. I can't help but wonder how many gay-bashings and murders occurred as a direct result of Archbishop Akinola's words. My only consolation is that he will have to stand before his God one day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment